30.5.21

Review: Bogle On Mutual Funds: New Perspectives for the Intelligent Investor

Bogle On Mutual Funds: New Perspectives for the Intelligent InvestorBogle On Mutual Funds: New Perspectives for the Intelligent Investor by John C. Bogle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

If you've read any of Bogle's other, shorter books on mutual funds, and you have an interest in the markets and some history investing, you probably already know what this book is about. I'd say this is about the same as Bogle's other books, but more so. More pages, more details, and more, albeit similar pronouncements. Here he explains stock mutual fund investing, but also bond mutual funds and money markets. I listened to this on audio, free from the jarring charts and tables that must have filled many a page in the paper version of the book. Did I miss those reference items? Yes, the audio version was more difficult to follow without referencing those items. Keep that in mind. I suspect I'd rate this higher were those reference items been described in the audio version.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...