20.3.21

Review: Pulse

PulsePulse by Felix Francis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Dick and son Felix Francis write horse industry related mysteries where the protagonists generally are smart, capable men who find themselves in some kind of pickle which they figure out through brains, a little brawn, and a dogged determination to get to the bottom of whatever mystery they are entangled in. I’ve found all his heroes to be likable characters. This was different in that the protagonist is a woman doctor with mental issues that really wasn’t that likeable. I’m more than halfway through reading the combined output of these authors, and so far this was the one I liked least. The doctor felt too much like a stereotype character from a TV series. I was surprised that this was a more recent book by Felix and not one of his first ones, since I tend to like the newer ones so far.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...