31.12.20

Review: Fortitude: American Resilience in the Age of Outrage

Fortitude: American Resilience in the Age of OutrageFortitude: American Resilience in the Age of Outrage by Dan Crenshaw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not quite what I was expecting. I thought this would be all political and memoir. And some, if not most of it is. But Crenshaw turns his life's hardships and learnings into a self-help book about half way through. That wasn't expected. I found the personal story the most interesting, especially dealing with his war injuries and his Navy career overcoming issues with his injuries until he is, in effect, laid off. His thoughts on conservatism and society are familiar and overall are well presented. But the lessons on working on your own positive character traits, like fortitude, based on overcoming adversity, were a nice addition. Was it something I've read before? Yes. But Crenshaw's personal story led credibility to these suggestions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...