31.12.20

Review: The Archer

The ArcherThe Archer by Paulo Coelho
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I got this in large print for my father-in-law to have something to read, yet it was still a very skinny book. There's not much here. The story, such as it is, is of a fellow finding out another fellow he knew was an archery expert, and he asks how he gets to be an expert. You get a lot of short chapters showing how different aspects of archery are like life, with minimal but interesting illustrations on many pages. You get bits of story as you realize this expert is full of himself. Can you be a minimalist pontificator? It seems so. Nice pictures, story was interesting but very small part of the book. Nothing new, nothing told in a refreshing way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...