14.11.20

Review: The Sleeper and the Spindle

The Sleeper and the SpindleThe Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's always interesting to listen to an audiobook of a book that appears from the online description to be mainly a showcase for artwork. Can the audio make up for the missing visual aspects of the package? In this case, having not seen the artwork, I think the audio can stand on it's own feet. The production was excellent, just like you'd expect from a short fairy tale, with a number of narrators/voice actors, music, and mood. The story was entertaining. I found myself listening for how Gaiman would create a new fairy tale, and this one started as a mash up of a couple of familiar fairy tales, with some role reversal thrown in to make things more interesting. Nicely done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...