21.11.20

Review: The Hearts of Men

The Hearts of MenThe Hearts of Men by Nickolas Butler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Bugler is a social outcast. He's also the one to bugle the summer Boy Scout campers awake during their stay in the woods in Wisconsin. But the Bugler performs an act of sheer ... not bravery, more self-debasement, and it sets his personality and his life path on a new direction. Butler then fast forwards a few decades as the Bugler has become Camp Master, and deals with the campers that have drastically changed over the years. It was quite situationally funny at times, quite dramatic and melancholy at times. I enjoyed the writing, and I enjoyed the story and characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...