9.8.20

Review: Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine

Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine by Max Lucado
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sermons loosely based on the topic of grace, which is loosely defined, so they could be about most anything. As sermons, I enjoyed the writing. As for discussions of grace, there are plenty of stories. Thing is, everything I read I expected to read. I didn't find anything standing out, or controversial, or even providing much in the way of definition. Truly a "comfort food" type of book, fine if you are looking for comfort in familiarity, but lacking if looking for the novel. For the first book by Lucado that I've read, I was hoping more for the latter. Now I know - expectations reset.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...