7.7.20

Review: Art Matters: Because Your Imagination Can Change the World

Art Matters: Because Your Imagination Can Change the WorldArt Matters: Because Your Imagination Can Change the World by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn’t read the reviews before I read this. If I had, I would have known that the book contains some amazing looking sketches, lots of them, and that some of the content appears entwined in said sketches. I had the audiobook experience. I believe I missed out on much of the book’s charm.

Gaiman can write and can narrate his work well. It was a short, enjoyable listen.

But, I really dislike books where the title is misleading. You read (listen to) a book called “Art Matters” and you expect to hear about, well, art, mattering. Instead, roughly 80% of this book is about reading and librarians. I guess the marketers thought calling it “Libraries Matter” would limit sales, but that title much better describes the book and is something I whole-heartedly agree with. -1 for letting the marketing department chose your title.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...