5.5.20

Review: Why People Don't Believe You...: Building Credibility from the Inside Out

Why People Don't Believe You...: Building Credibility from the Inside OutWhy People Don't Believe You...: Building Credibility from the Inside Out by Rob Jolles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I work in technical sales, and getting people to believe you is key to doing a good job. Building credibility is something I always see the need to focus on. I don’t see credibility as a binary value, and I don’t see it as a static value. Things change, and audiences have different opinions on a presenter’s credibility, and not all of that opinion is under the control of the presenter. This book talks about some of the reasons for this. A lot of this is about self confidence, and that makes perfect sense. And it also points out some other causes of lack of credibility. One is that, well, perhaps people just don’t like you. Suggestions in the book include understanding and sharing failures in order to better understand them. Good examples from the author. Interesting, in a broad brush, musing way to approach this problem. I didn’t get a lot of specifics out of this, there were no silver bullets, but I found the discussion interesting.

View all my reviews

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...