12.3.20

Review: The Wrecking Crew

The Wrecking Crew (Matt Helm, #2)The Wrecking Crew by Donald Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fun second book. If you have expectations set from listening to/reading the first book in the series, this meets those expectations. Action involving the other side’s spies, women and men to distrust, politics, the cowboy mentality, shadowy characters from Helm’s past life, and plentiful ruminations by our lead character on topics ranging from girdles to film photography. Helm is a Western American everyman, who is smart, skilled, occasionally aroused, and ready for action. And, as you'd expect, he's a bit dated. The audio version I listened to was narrated by Stefan Rudnicki, who sounds correct as an action-hero spy. I will listen to more.

View all my reviews

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...