27.2.20

Review: The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary

The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary by Joseph A. Michelli
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm glad I read this book after reading Starbuck CEO Howard Schultz's book "Onward". The Schultz book covers the guiding priciples under which Starbucks operates - it's what they train their employees on. "Onward" gives a number of examples of these stories but goes much beyond, with quite a bit of company history. This book, "The Starbucks Experience", really dives into those guiding principles and provides a number of examples of how the company and its employees meet those principles in day-to-day business, really complimenting "Onward". With the variety of examples, I could see many ideas that could apply in my business life. This book met the two reasons I have to read a business book, to provide food for thought and to provide specific ideas to implement. Don't expect earthshattering revelations here, though. A lot of this is really summed up as taking responsibility and looking at the bigger picture. But who couldn't use some reminders and good examples of this? Nice book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...