28.1.20

Review: Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment

Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment by Robert Wright
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I get the feeling this is one of those “it’s not you, it’s me” books. I wanted to like this, and expected to like this a lot given the topic and many excellent reviews by other readers. But I found the book different than I expected, less on Buddhism in general, more on psychology and research. It reads like a pop psychology book. I found the writing was entertaining, but the examples where so similar to other pop-psychology and meditation books I’ve listened to recently it did not stand out. I suspect I wasn’t in the mood. I may need to try this again at a later time to see if my focus could be sharper…

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...