6.1.20

Review: Whisper Network

Whisper Network Whisper Network by Chandler Baker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

At times, I felt it was written like a TC Boyle book, providing me a sense of how others think and feel in a literary way. And at times it read like a basic mystery or chick lit book, aimed at a mass market paperback audience. I came into this with low expectations, as I read none of the blurbs and received this from the publisher on release before I saw any reviews. I noticed the author had written what looked to be books aimed at teens. I was pleasantly surprised that this was written better than I expected, and provided me with a new perspective. But this wasn't great literature, the characters were a bit confusing, and the mystery plot seemed tacked on. All in all, an OK read in the chick lit genre.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...