14.11.19

Review: Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity

Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity by Saundra Dalton-Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the first part of “Sacred Rest”. The author divides rest into different types and discusses why you might need each type of rest, and what can happen if you don’t get that needed rest. Types include physical rest, but also spiritual, emotional, social, mental, sensory, and others. I found this made sense, and I hadn’t thought of rest in all these different ways. For me, the value of the book was in this first part. This part didn’t have an overwhelming secular bent. In comparison, the second part was all about the sacred as illustrated in Christianity. This didn’t maintain my interest as much as the first part. Overall, though, I found this very interesting, giving me a few new ways to categorize when I need my “downtime” to reap its benefits.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...