30.11.19

Review: Love the Home You Have: Simple Ways to…Embrace Your Style *Get Organized *Delight in Where You Are

Love the Home You Have: Simple Ways to…Embrace Your Style *Get Organized *Delight in Where You Are Love the Home You Have: Simple Ways to…Embrace Your Style *Get Organized *Delight in Where You Are by Melissa Michaels
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So the author is a pastor’s wife. This book is about a pastor’s wife making an inviting home. It was interesting in the secret spectator way watching home shows is – you get an idea of how someone who highly values making the home inviting to visitors and livable for her family makes things come together. There were recommendations to declutter, no kidding, but not so much on organizing. This wasn’t your typical home organization book. I didn’t see much in her recommendations that I hadn’t seen previously, so this wasn’t as much of idea book as I expected. Instead, the parts I really enjoyed were her stories about buying new houses and decorating on a pastor’s budget, which was quite minimal. The author describes moving houses a number of times in her life, and how she made the best of her and her husbands house dreams given that tiny budget, including one “money pit” that had charm, and a ballroom, but also racoons and vermin in the kitchen. That made the book for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...