30.11.19

Review: I Like Giving: The Transforming Power of a Generous Life

I Like Giving: The Transforming Power of a Generous Life I Like Giving: The Transforming Power of a Generous Life by Brad Formsma
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to admit that this was one of my guilty pleasures – reading touching stories about people that give to others and how those donations were received, especially right before the Christmas season and the overwhelm of Hallmark Christmas movies. There were a lot of personal stories here. Most were the touching, positive stories you’d expect, though the author included some stories that showed some of the issues involved in giving and receiving charity. Also of interest was the author’s personal story, building a business, then moving on to lead a non-profit. While I enjoyed many of the stories, I find on reflection, a week after reading, that I don’t recall any particulars beyond the author’s own stories. So for me, this was good for a relaxing and involving read, but more to set a mood than to provide guidance or examples.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...