11.9.19

Review: Taming the Sun: Innovations to Harness Solar Energy and Power the Planet

Taming the Sun: Innovations to Harness Solar Energy and Power the Planet Taming the Sun: Innovations to Harness Solar Energy and Power the Planet by Varun Sivaram
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was pleasantly surprised by the width of topics covered in this book. It isn’t aimed at individual home owners, but describes the technology and its use at a high level. I found the discussion on the economics of solar in comparison with other energy sources, and the outcome that wasn’t black or white, but gray, was refreshing. The author explains how solar works well with other sources of energy filling in when the sun’s down. Obvious, yes, but it leads to conclusions that aren’t always talked about when talking about solar. The author also provides some background into the march of solar technology into more efficient materials and more usable substrates on which those materials can be used as a coating. I haven’t kept up with the solar industry in decades, so this was a good update.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...