27.9.19

Review: Great Demo!: How to Create and Execute Stunning Software Demonstrations

Great Demo!: How to Create and Execute Stunning Software Demonstrations Great Demo!: How to Create and Execute Stunning Software Demonstrations by Peter E Cohan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was suggested by a supervisor. I'm in a job where I do demos of enterprise software. This book covers the basic processes involved in understanding client needs and building a great demo. The book is very good on the basics, and provides some sample checklists and reports. I did notice that it is a bit dated - the software references are from 2001 (these may have been updated in a newer version of this book). The book did not go into team demoing, which comprises a lot of enterprise software demos that I see and give. It also did not go into virtual machines for software demos, which came to the front after the book was written. It separated presentations from the demo themselves and spent no time discussing the presentation aspect. The book's recommendations, followed to the letter, would be truly time consuming, but would lead to great customer demos for many kinds of software.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...