30.8.19

Review: The Courage to Be Disliked: How to Free Yourself, Change Your Life, and Achieve Real Happiness

The Courage to Be Disliked: How to Free Yourself, Change Your Life, and Achieve Real Happiness The Courage to Be Disliked: How to Free Yourself, Change Your Life, and Achieve Real Happiness by Ichiro Kishimi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nice introduction to Adlerian psychology. The format, a Socratic dialog/debate, lent itself to building a broad base of understanding while allowing some topics to have deeper discussion. Having no prior knowledge of Adler’s thinking, I found this very interesting, and worthy of further investigation. I found the fiction of the discussion, much like Goldratt’s “The Goal”, was not great literature, but succeeded in getting the story across in a readable way. The young questioner was annoying, but not unlike others I have known.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...