9.7.19

Review: Regulatory Hacking: A Playbook for Startups

Regulatory Hacking: A Playbook for Startups Regulatory Hacking: A Playbook for Startups by Evan Burfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was expecting a slightly targeted version of a “how to start a business” book, but this exceeded my expectations. The author provides plenty of background into the unique issues with starting a business that deals with government regulations. He begins by providing a kind of roadmap to identifying audience and influencers, and he refers to this initial research throughout the rest of the book. The business examples he includes range from those selling directly to government to those selling to other businesses in a highly regulated industry, including international examples. I found the focus on the role of influence in many aspects of selling in a regulated environment or to government to be valuable. By the way, the advice offered in this book is not just for startups – it looks especially useful for existing companies selling a product into a new, “regulated” market, as the example of Kidde carbon monoxide detectors in the book shows. Well done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...