3.7.19

Review: Norwood

Norwood Norwood by Charles Portis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Norwood is the kind of fellow I knew growing up. You’d run across them at a minor league baseball game, or working at a carnival, or you’d see them walking 10 miles home because the car broke down and that’s what you do. They have stories, and they have --- not so much opinions as thoughts that they like to share. This story became a bit too annoying by introducing one eccentric character after another, ending with a midget, a chicken, and an army buddy that gladly pays Norwood back. All unlikely characters. I found this fun, but requiring of much effort to suspend disbelief.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...