17.7.19

Review: How You Learn Is How You Live: Using Nine Ways of Learning to Transform Your Life

How You Learn Is How You Live: Using Nine Ways of Learning to Transform Your Life How You Learn Is How You Live: Using Nine Ways of Learning to Transform Your Life by Kay Peterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

In reading this, it seems the author is offering up a rehash of Myers Briggs, but including the word learning in as many descriptions as possible. The author includes 9 “ways of learning”, some opposites of others, some overlapping others, with the thought that you prefer to act “to type” as a default but can modify your actions and thoughts to include the other ways in your decision-making process. The ways of learning, such as thinking, acting, and reflecting, (and which are illustrated on the book’s cover) seem to me to be the actions associated with a flowchart that a person might use while making decisions. I like an occasional reminder to think using a process, and this book worked as that, but I didn’t see the tie-in to learning. This is more a general guide to decision-making. It seems to fall in between books describing how people associated with a Myers Briggs type think and a decision-making guide. I could see where this kind of classification could be useful, but it seems one of many, while trying to be something else entirely. The classifications were not crisp, they felt mushy and over-simplified. Not my cup of tea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...