19.6.19

Review: The Witch Elm

The Witch Elm The Witch Elm by Tana French
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It doesn’t seem that this book was a good choice to be the first Tana French mystery to read. The book does carry a mood throughout, but it’s entirely due to the narrator being unlikeable but in a bad situation. French does a nice job putting you in the shoes of someone with recent brain damage, but that’s really not an enjoyable place to be. There were long stretches of repetitive thoughts while we inhabit narrator Toby’s mind, but again, it’s part the brain damage and part that he’s always been a bit oblivious. This plays big here as it is a mystery from the past. My summary – French is excellent at setting a mood but this story won’t leave you in a good place.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...