17.5.19

Review: Voice of the Violin

Voice of the Violin Voice of the Violin by Andrea Camilleri
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm reading these in order, and I find this one similar to the others, but with the benefit of knowing the characters and some of the character's immediate past. Camilleri continues some of the plot and builds on (and builds up) the characters in the story. I can see this is becoming more familiar as I read through the series, and that's a good thing so far. There is humor, yes, but I most appreciated the variety of emotions portrayed. I'm not sure why, but I find Montalbano best written when he's pissed off. Likely due to being preoccupied while listening to this audiobook, I found the first half to be somewhat confusing, and I couldn't tell you much of anything that happened relating to the case. But I do remember well the second half. Was it me or the writing? Who can tell... I will continue on in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...