6.3.19

Review: The Snack Thief

The Snack Thief The Snack Thief by Andrea Camilleri
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I seem to be attracted to mysteries with grumpy detectives and a lot of descriptions of food. I've read the Swedish Wallander books, and that had a grumpy detective but with humorously lousy food. Burnt coffee and rusk, anyone? Here, Montalbano checks off on grumpy, but the food is described lovingly, respectfully, and tantalizingly. There's a mystery here that you have to pay attention to in order to follow the threads - Montalbano is covering multiple cases and a messy private life all simultaneously, so there's plenty to maintain interest. I am looking forward to continuing this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...