21.3.19

Review: Fear Itself (Fearless Jones Novels

Fear Itself (Fearless Jones Novels Fear Itself (Fearless Jones Novels by Walter Mosley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This worked for me as a mystery in post-war LA. Paris and Fearless were interesting, although I was surprised Fearless didn’t become a larger part of the plot. The story did get a bit repetitive. I listened to this on audio, and whenever my attention flagged and came back to the story, our heroes were knocking on a door. There’s a lot of door knocking in this one, and I’ll be reading the next Fearless book counting those doors. The audiobook was narrated by Don Cheadle. That was perfect casting, as I pictured Paris Minton as someone like Don Cheadle. Looking forward to the next one in the series, warily, but glad it’s a short series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...