11.3.19

Review: The Bob Watson

The Bob Watson The Bob Watson by Greg Bardsley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

“The Bob Watson” started very strong. Disappearing from corporate meetings, formalized with best practices…that could be a real thing. A fiction book you could learn from. But then, after the story starts with a very familiar setting of an IT planning meeting, the story gets extremely bizarre, and stays there for the rest of the book. Left behind is much of the promising initial premise, although it makes some minimal appearances in the plot. It took about 2/3 of the book to get somewhat comfortable with the characters and the odd plot that tries too hard to be wacky, but by the last bit I was interested enough to see how it ended. There were some times I chuckled, or even guffawed, while reading this. I won’t be rushing out to buy any other books by this author, but I’d consider well reviewed ones.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...