5.2.19

Review: Say This, Not That: A Foolproof Guide to Effective Interpersonal Communication

Say This, Not That: A Foolproof Guide to Effective Interpersonal Communication Say This, Not That: A Foolproof Guide to Effective Interpersonal Communication by Carl Alasko
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was surprised that so many of the scenarios that the author describes here relate to dating. Then by the end of the book he is covering talking to your children. The intent must have been to ensure the book would be useful for decades for the purchaser. I found the scenarios of conversations were often over-simple, but Alasko usually provided commentary that I found valuable. The value to me was in repeating the oft heard wisdom of the ages – ends up Alasko agrees with a lot of the old saws, like “treat others as you would like to be treated”, and “don’t speak in anger”, and his scenarios illustrate these over and over. The book was short enough, and compartmentalized enough, that it went by quite fast. Enjoyable, as an example of a how-to conversation book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...