6.2.19

Review: Retirement Fail: The 9 Reasons People Flunk Post-Work Life and How to Ace Your Own

Retirement Fail: The 9 Reasons People Flunk Post-Work Life and How to Ace Your Own Retirement Fail: The 9 Reasons People Flunk Post-Work Life and How to Ace Your Own by Greg Sullivan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There are many books on retirement released every year. There are many that are substantially identical, covering the basics of planning or describing issues. This is one that focuses on some of the issues that you don’t hear about as often in these books, at least not in the dozens that I’ve read. This covers things that people don’t always think about, like overspending on second houses, dealing with divorce, and getting the correct insurance, trusts, legal coverage, and advisors. The author has a confident and at times humorous voice, and I enjoyed reading this. Given I am well read on the topic, I didn’t find anything entirely new to me, but I did appreciate hearing a different advisor, with different anecdotes, pointing out possible pitfalls. This will help me avoid those problems in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...