7.2.19

Review: The Dark Wind

The Dark Wind The Dark Wind by Tony Hillerman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve bounced around reading this series, and now that I’m back to an earlier book, I find that it has more of what I like. Hillerman uses Indian religion and ways, and the unique locations in reservation territory to add some mystery to this mystery. I’ve noticed in later books that he don’t seem to include as much content related to the peoples or the location. I enjoyed this earlier story, where I found the different ways of life had to be explained and understood in their context. Reading this earlier book I feel I learned something, while Hillerman’s later books were more just entertaining.

I listened to this on abridged audio. I avoid abridgments normally, but ended up with this one. Unlike many abridgments, this one seemed to flow pretty well. Good job.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...