3.2.19

Review: The Good House

The Good House The Good House by Ann Leary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An enjoyable listen, the story of an alcoholic small town realtor had a great voice. The subplot of a secret affair wasn’t so interesting, but the descriptions of Hildy’s normal days in a waning career, her increasingly alcohol-fueled blackouts, and her memories and attempts at romance were. Most interesting to me was the belief Hildy had that she was descended from Salem witches and had an ability to read people. (view spoiler) Mary Beth Hurt's narration fit the character to a T. I would read more by Leary, especially on small town life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...