19.2.19

Review: ChiWalking: A Fitness Walking Program for Lifelong Health and Energy

ChiWalking: A Fitness Walking Program for Lifelong Health and Energy ChiWalking: A Fitness Walking Program for Lifelong Health and Energy by Danny Dreyer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having recently become a more active walker, I thought I would see if I could improve on the mechanics, with the hope of staying away from knee and ankle issues. This book purports to do that by teaching a slightly different method of walking. The motion changes to a more rapid but supposedly more efficient gait. I listened to the audio of this book, which is captured as the audio of a lecture that doesn’t follow the text of the book very closely, from what I could discern. In fact, the third CD of the set contains sections of just a metronome pulsing, intended to give the listener an idea of proper pacing. The author comes across as a friendly teacher. I found the descriptions interesting and I tried to follow along, but there are key steps regarding placement of pelvis and bend points that would be better represented by a photo or video or a live instructor. I got the idea of what the author wanted to promote, but I don’t think I replicated the motions. Or maybe I did. I may try this again in the DVD or book format to see the pictures, as based on this “introduction” using the audiobook, I believe this thought behind walking mechanics may be beneficial.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...