29.1.19

Review: Self-Tracking

Self-Tracking Self-Tracking by Gina Neff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

“Self-Tracking” discusses the uses of self-tracking, focusing on medical uses and the technology that is making tracking easier. Think Fitbits and emotion journals and Instragrammed meal pictures. Much of the discussion centers around the ownership and legalities of the data created by tracking. The book describes current state and weighs in on the future. This was a deeper dive into the topic than, say, a Scientific American article. I found it met my expectations on an interesting topic and I learned a few things, but I found the organization of the book seemed too outline-centric, making it harder to follow in the audio version. This short book might be better read than listened to if looking for retention and organizational cues.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...