2.1.19

Review: The Compassionate Achiever: How Helping Others Fuels Success

The Compassionate Achiever: How Helping Others Fuels Success The Compassionate Achiever: How Helping Others Fuels Success by Christopher L. Kukk
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Given the title of this book, the “Compassionate Achiever”, it could have gone about anywhere. Much of the book ended up being about decision making and looking for mutual benefit, listening skills, as well as thinking outside the box or perspective shifting. If those topics sound familiar, you’ve probably been reading self help books written in the past decade or so. These are common topics. The author comes at this from a different angle – using these tactics to do compassionate things for others. I didn’t find that angle to be that different from how I normally approach my life, so this didn’t cause any life changes here. At least at times, the author was writing for an audience of leaders, which also limited my appreciation. But I did enjoy the voice of the author and the anecdotes he used to illustrate various concepts, and I would consider reading more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...