22.1.19

Review: The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks

The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks by Jorge Cruise
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I don’t read diet books, but I found this short audiobook at the library, and thought I would try one. I probably picked the wrong one. The audiobook covered about what I expected. Of the three CDs in the set, the first two went over what the author finds wrong with other diets. The third CD covered the diet, which really was to limit (specific) sugar-based calories to 100 per day. Sounds like a lot of work if you are tracking these things manually. Unfortunately, the publishers of this audiobook decided that three entire chapters would be withheld from audio, and only made available as PDFs. The publishers apparently forgot that people buy audiobooks in order to listen to them, not to read them. While there is certainly some content that is better read than listened to, and in this case that might have been these chapters that actually gave details on how this diet works through recipes and menus, I was left after finishing the audiobook unable to determine if the author had a point or not. For all I know, he could have told you to only eat eye of newt. In cases where the content may be unsuitable for audio, generally where there are long lists, extensive photos or charts, or recipes or Web URLs, publishers would do their readers a favor by providing an audio summary of the extracted content. Authors really should push back if the audio production of their work gets this kind of treatment. The format of this CD set should be listed as partial e-text with abridged audio. Book was going to rate between 1 and 3 stars if I could have listened to all of it, but the audio version gets a 1.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...