25.11.18

Review: Borkmann's Point: An Inspector Van Veeteren Mystery

Borkmann's Point: An Inspector Van Veeteren Mystery Borkmann's Point: An Inspector Van Veeteren Mystery by HÃ¥kan Nesser
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Interesting Scandanavian mystery in that the police are optimistic on solving the case without much of anything to go on, while wasting time, drinking wine and playing chess. In the few Scandanavian mysteries I have previously read, there's much brooding, a dark and dreary environment, and general pessimism until optimism is warranted. This is a change. I found the interactions, especially among the police, to be interesting to read, and I enjoyed the few humorous bits, mostly showing people who are good at their jobs but who are also jaded. The case itself was a bit gory. I look forward to reading more in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...