29.10.18

Review: The Gig Economy: The Complete Guide to Getting Better Work, Taking More Time Off, and Financing the Life You Want

The Gig Economy: The Complete Guide to Getting Better Work, Taking More Time Off, and Financing the Life You Want The Gig Economy: The Complete Guide to Getting Better Work, Taking More Time Off, and Financing the Life You Want by Diane Mulcahy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The author could have taken this book in many different directions, and she caught most of what I was expecting. The book focuses on living the life of a person living gig to gig. The feel is rosy, perhaps too rosy. The audience appears to be those that have safety nets in working spouses, insurance coverage, family support, existing business relationships, marketable skills, and the like. For those looking for validation of value in a gig economy, and an explanation of the paths needed to compete in this area, I believe there are other books that would be a better use of time. This is just too cheerleader-ish, and with a lot of content that is common sense. The variety of content I found pretty good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...