8.6.18

Review: The Undoing Project: A Friendship that Changed Our Minds

The Undoing Project: A Friendship that Changed Our Minds The Undoing Project: A Friendship that Changed Our Minds by Michael Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A well-told story of friends, not at all what I was expecting. I figured the book would be similar to many of the other books covering the topics that Kahneman and Tversky studied. I’ve read quite a few books that have referenced these studies, and I’ve read Kahneman’s book on these topics, so I expected to be a bit bored. But given that it’s Michael Lewis writing, you have to give him a chance. He delivered. He covered the findings of the two scientists, but interspersed the science with the story of the two friends, how they lived their lives, met, and worked together. These personal vignettes were substantial in this book, and they were well written and interesting. They really made the book for me. The subject’s professional partnership was the unique hook for the story, and Lewis used it well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...