6.6.18

Review: Retirement Reinvention: Making the Most of the Next Stage of Your Life and Career

Retirement Reinvention: Making the Most of the Next Stage of Your Life and Career Retirement Reinvention: Making the Most of the Next Stage of Your Life and Career by Robin Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Quite a few suggestions/ideas/examples of what people have done with their retirement. As is the current trend, the acknowledgement that retirement often includes a “retirement job” is thoroughly discussed here. The oxymoron of our times. After having read quite a few retirement books over the past few years, I find this one has a very good set of examples, and an interesting set of topics. These included housing, the transition process, hobbies, volunteering, travel, maintaining social connections, etc. This does not really cover finances in retirement, beyond the normal reminder that retirees can still work and need to plan. And the author struck me as having a distinct opinion on some topics, one which I did not always agree with. Nevertheless, I found this quite a good survey covering how retirees can spend their time, and I got some new insights into what I may want to do in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...