16.5.18

Review: The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life

The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life by J.L. Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve a long history of reading books and blogs about financial independence and retiring early (often shortened to FIRE), including the authors’ own blog, which he has been publishing for years. It is rare now that I learn anything new from these books. The topics in this book are quite familiar. I don’t think I learned anything new here. But I’m not the audience Collin’s is after with “The Simple Path to Wealth.” Collins writes here for readers new to the concepts of financial independence, and for this audience he does a good job. His voice is pithy and opinionated, his advice pretty standard for modern investors, with topics like buying low fee index funds, the 4% rule for withdrawals, and the like. He focuses a lot on Vanguard. Overall, an enjoyable read with valuable advice for newbies – something I would recommend for a new college graduate, just as the author intended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...