16.5.18

Review: The Heart of the Deal: How to Invest and Negotiate like a Real Estate Mogul

The Heart of the Deal: How to Invest and Negotiate like a Real Estate Mogul The Heart of the Deal: How to Invest and Negotiate like a Real Estate Mogul by Anthony Lolli
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lolli combines the story of his personal and his business’ biography with some how-to tips on becoming a landlord and real estate expert. I found I liked the author’s personal story. He has a brash and vibrant way, and he tells his story well. The real estate advice was more run of the mill. Lolli’s experience is mostly in urban residential rentals, and that’s the focus of the book. Being from a small town and living in a suburb, the examples and advice didn’t always connect with what I am familiar with. For instance, the author mentions buying warehouses, manufacturing, and retail real estate in addition to residential, but doesn’t mention farmland. And he has a section on buying out renter’s leases, mostly on rent controlled apartments, which I haven’t run across before. I will say this section was eye-opening and had some great stories about how a landlord could make a positive difference in a renter's life. I liked this book. What I liked most was those stories about how he runs his business. I would read another book if he wrote it, and I will be on the lookout for his appearances on cable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...