25.5.18

Review: Don't Retire Broke: An Indespensible Guide to Tax-Efficient Retirement Planning and Financial Freedom

Don't Retire Broke: An Indespensible Guide to Tax-Efficient Retirement Planning and Financial Freedom Don't Retire Broke: An Indespensible Guide to Tax-Efficient Retirement Planning and Financial Freedom by Rick Rodgers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These kinds of books on financing a retirement seem to consist of three things: facts, analysis, and exhortations. I like to think of those aspects as the encyclopedia, the professor, and the coach. Each book has a different mix of these aspects, and goes into different levels of each. This one started out heavy on facts. I almost gave up. The first third or so of the book is repeating the “rules of the road” for retirement investing, albeit at a deeper level than most books. This didn’t hold my interest much. But after those initial sections, the author started adding some useful analysis to the facts. There was a bit of coaching in there as well, but not a lot. This is better aimed at the serious retirement investor. As retirement finance books go, I would say this was a step beyond the mass-market business books, and would interest someone who has spent some time understanding the rules of investments and the common suggestions, and wanted a bit of a deeper dive.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...