3.3.24

Review: Foundation

Foundation (Foundation, #1)Foundation by Isaac Asimov
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this I read Asimov's two precursor novels about Harry Seldon. I greatly enjoyed those books, which were just odd enough. I also liked the literary feel of those books, that felt like the writing from an Analog short story, where you had generally one deep thought and wove a whole story around it without engineering levels of meaning so prevalent in literary novels. Asimov kept that up here, by breaking the story into a few illustrative short stories. But I did miss the longer story arcs from the prequels, and I greatly missed the characters, who have "aged out" of this chronologically distant set of tales., While this one wasn't my cup of tea, it didn't scare me off of reading the next one -- I want to see what the worlds have in store.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...