31.12.23

Review: Sinatra's Century: One Hundred Notes on the Man and His World

Sinatra's Century: One Hundred Notes on the Man and His WorldSinatra's Century: One Hundred Notes on the Man and His World by David Lehman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My father-in-law lived with us for a year before he passed, and I played him a lot of Frank Sinatra songs while he was here. I bought this book for him, and he read it but wasn't so impressed. I think he'd already heard most of the anecdotes and had a lifetime of guys waxing poetic on their favorite Sinatra lyric. I decided to give it a try, and found that I liked the mix of anecdotes and reviews of Sinatra's work, usually summary reviews, like a listing of some of the best rarely heard songs, with some description that went deeper than typical liner notes. I tracked down and listened to a lot of the uncommon songs on Apple Music - very nice. A nice appreciation of Ol' Blue Eyes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Foundation

Foundation by Isaac Asimov My rating: 3 of 5 stars I decided to read the Foundation novels in chronological order, and before this...