23.12.23

Review: Prelude to Foundation

Prelude to Foundation (Foundation, #1)Prelude to Foundation by Isaac Asimov


My first read of Asimov's extended Foundation series. I found this one an easygoing romp. I enjoyed the writing, especially the action scenes. I found it kind of funny how Seldon seemed to have some action, and then announces he has figured out a bit more about his theory, then more action than another announcement. Those announcements, though, didn't seem to be breakthroughs based on the action, but a bit separate, kind of like a Sherlock Holmes story with a successful conclusion without explained deduction. Oh well, it was a fun read and I'm going to try the next one soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...