29.12.23

Review: Paula

PaulaPaula by Isabel Allende
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook on a couple of long drives by myself. Sometimes listening that way makes you forget the story, but here I have memories of many of the sequences and anecdotes, and strong memories of the emotions reading this induced. Allende tells of her family's history, as well as her own, with unexpected depth. You feel you know each as a character. And along the way she tells of her daughter, Paula, becoming more and more ill. It's the story of moving, changing cities and countries many times throughout a lifetime, and often for difference circumstances. Many trials are faced. I found this quite memorable and will plan to read more by Allende.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...