6.12.23

Review: Mind Hacking: How to Change Your Mind for Good in 21 Days

Mind Hacking: How to Change Your Mind for Good in 21 DaysMind Hacking: How to Change Your Mind for Good in 21 Days by Sir John Hargrave Sir
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you've read those self help books that suggest different ways to think, this is another one. The concepts I've seen many times before. But as I often like refreshers, I happened to read this at the right time, and i found it useful. The author uses some computer programming references that resonated with me, but might not with the non-tech reader. He comes across as a bit goofy. On the audiobook version of this, the author goes through his text, then he turns the audiobook into a kind of collection of podcasts with an episode for each of the 21 days he says it takes to change your thinking. Each episode lasts about 5 to 10 minutes, and often repeats a thought or an anecdote from the book, followed by guided meditation, often with 5 to 10 minutes of quiet time per episode. These reminded me greatly of an NPR podcast, as the narrator's voice and enthusiasm and use of music felt very familiar. I ended up fast forwarding through much of the quiet space. I could see how this might be of use as guided meditations, but as I listened mostly in the car -- bad idea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...