29.12.23

Review: Kilkenny

Kilkenny (The Louis L'Amour Collection)Kilkenny by Louis L'Amour
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another gunslinger trying to get out of the business and retire to his own private valley, while the rest of the world seems to conspire to keep him in his previously chosen profession. The bad guy here is a big rancher with lots of sons. Now if you make the rancher into an evil businessman and the gunslinger into a journalist and the private valley into a Christmas tree farm, you have a great Hallmark movie, with a similar level of plot gymnastics. Good entertainment, with the bonus of L'Amour's beautiful descriptions of Western landscape.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...