29.12.23

Review: The Kentucky Thoroughbred

The Kentucky Thoroughbred (The Kentucky Bicentennial bookshelf)The Kentucky Thoroughbred by Kent Hollingsworth
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I picked this up after recently reading Geraldine Brook's "Horse", and was surprised to find one of the horses highlighted here with its own chapter was Lexington, the focus of the Brooks book. It was nice to get a quick read on the real life Lexington and to see where the novel differed from real life. Overall, this book was just OK, with a lot of pro-Kentucky boosterism built into the writing. Nice for a quick horsey read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...