18.10.23

Review: The Girl in the Eagle's Talons

The Girl in the Eagle's TalonsThe Girl in the Eagle's Talons by Karin Smirnoff
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Earlier books in the series - gritty, with Salander as a social oddity. This book - Salander converses well, and reminded me of Robin in the Batman series. She could fit in anywhere. She has lost the outsider feel. This felt like a definitive jumping of the shark for this series. Not a total loss, though, there was some humor here that wasn't in earlier novels, and there was still action and oddball badguys, but they felt more comic book that real.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Dying Animal

The Dying Animal by Philip Roth My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this at the same age as the protagonist, and I greatly appreciated t...